Occasionally, the steering of the Unagi Model One may become a little vague and loose the sharpness that it had once held. Thankfully, this is easily rectifiable in only a few minutes with the use of the following tools:
- 2.5mm Allen key
- 17mm Wrench
- Heat gun
- Thread lock (optional)
Once you have all these tools available, we can begin with performing the repair.
- Using a heat gun or similar device, gently heat up the red reflectors and peel them back using a flathead screwdriver.
- Underneath the red reflectors should be four hex head screws which will need to be removed. This step needs to be repeated on both sides of the scooter fork.
- Now the 17mm locking nuts should be visible. These can be removed using a wrench. Once the wheel is loose, please move it to one side and away from the working area.
- To have full access to the relevant nut, the front mudguard will also need to be removed. Once this has been removed, full access to the 17mm nut should be available.
- (Optional step). Please loosen the nut so that the thread is visible. Now some thread lock can be applied which should help the nut stay in place through prolonged use.
- Now the nut can be tightened; during this step you should make sure that the front wheel is aligned correctly with the steering stem.
- Please reverse these steps. Now your Unagi Model One should be as responsive as out of the box!
I have more questions, who do I ask?
We have a wide variety of FAQ's covering many different aspects of the Unagi Model One, however, if one of your questions still goes unanswered, please submit a ticket and one of our customer service representatives will be with you shortly.